I met Miss Emma Schwartman through our ever-evolving restaurant connections. Once you work in a few restaurants around town, and eat out a lot, and hang out with people in the service industry, you start to criss cross paths with people you know, but don't know. Interestingly, the first time I really spent any time with Emma was while we both helped develop an event for the Henry Art Gallery - she as an event designer, me as the food curator for their annual fundraising event, Spring Sprung. It was love at first sight - she was composed, calm and funny in the face of pre-event stress and chaos. Her get-it-done, but chill nature stuck with me.
Emma is a genuine creative soul - one who is always full of good ideas. Years ago, she left UW and moved to Ireland to attend cooking school. Two summers ago she created and launched Summer Dog with her boyfriend. Summer Dog is a floating and mobile hotdoggrill - a food 'boat' for water adventurers. She also recently created Imperfect, a design and style consultancy wherein she offers her unique blend of style and vision to projects of all shapes and sizes. Currently, she is working on a new bar/club concept along with 5 amazing friends. Located on 11th and Pine in Cap Hill, Emma brings her design aesthic (and co-ownership) to a well-rounded team of industrial builders, past restaurant owners and hospitality gurus. I can't wait to sit down and have a drink - god knows this girl is going to make that interior one of the most compelling in town.
When not on a surfboard, Summer Dog, the snow, a paddle board, walking through leaf-filled side streets or laying next to a pool, you can find Emma around Capitol Hill in the coming months. Go grab a drink at Big Fun (the new bars tentative name) and be sure to say hello!
1. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? coffee with chocolate and cinnamon
2. What is one thing you do EVERY day, by choice? kiss my boyfriend many many times
3. If you had all the time in the world and no budget restrictions, what one project would you take on just now? (Can be a hobby, business, trip, etc). would devote all of my time to surfing and developing the greatest line of swimwear the world has ever known. Can I do two of these? Because I ALSO would develop a funny/stylish/effective exercise craze for non morons.
4. Where is your 'happy place'? with my friends, laughing my ass off.
5. What is your signature dish - something you make well and consistently? green juice